Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Granny Liz

Dearest Blakely Elizabeth, It is very hard for me to write this to you, but your Great Granny Liz, my Grandmother, passed away yesterday. I want you to know that she loved you so much. She was so honored that you were named after her. We always called you Elizabeth when we were around her. Last week Granny got really sick and she was unconscious for three days. You and I came to see her last Thursday and I told her you were here and she opened her eyes. The next day we went to the hospital again and she was talking and responding to us so well. She was so excited to see you. I would lay you on the bed with her and she would just rub all over your little hands and feet. My mom thinks that we were what she needed to rally before she left us to go to Heaven. I wish that you that you would have been able to know Granny, but I know that she has no more pain and in a much better place. We will be traveling to West Virginia to her funeral. It will be a long trip for you and I hope that you will always be the perfect traveler as you always are. We will post our Christmas info next week.

No comments: