Sunday, May 1, 2011

5K

Since January I have been training to run a 5k.  I really wanted to just say that I did it.  It was hard, but a very rewarding experience.  The pictures below are from my 2nd 5k.   I ran on on the 16th of April-and man it was hard!  I have to admit I had tears crossing the finish line.  I ran the entire way-except for a little hill-about 30 seconds.  I ran my second one on April 30th.  I knew what to expect from the first one, but man there were a lot of serious runners in the group-very intimidating.  I think there were over a 1000 people. It was a fun race, but I pulled my hamstring and was in a lot of pain for about a week.  I’ve learned that running is a mind over body experience.  There were lots of praying and praising during this whole experience.  I plan on doing another 5k in the fall.

My wonderful friend Tiffany and I.  She really motivated me to keep going.078My two great friends from college-they cheered me on at the end!079

2 comments:

Ms Debbie said...

WOOT WOOT ! You are amazing !

The Greenfield Family said...

Look at you Ms. Runner!!! Way to go!!!