Monday, May 12, 2008

Train Ride and Weekend

On Saturday we took the train ride that goes to Van Buren from Winslow. It was a Christmas gift from Daniel's parents. Daniel and I had a great time. At first Blakely didn't want to get on, because she wanted to stay and watch the Irish dancers-there was a festival going on downtown. The night before Blakely was up with a temp and was not herself at all on Saturday. She was tired and didn't feel well. So it took her awhile to warm up to being on the train. After a few minutes she began to have a good time. She really enjoyed riding in the dark tunnel. On the way back from Winslow she feel asleep-it was during nap time. Lilly stayed with my parents who came to visit-we didn't take any pictures with them-I guess we were too busy. Thanks to Daniel's parents for a fun gift and to my parents for watching Lilly.

Saturday was a crazy day! After we left the train ride I had to go to the mall to take back some earrings that Blakely had taken from this lady who had set up her boutique in the middle of the mall. She had taken them on Friday when my mom and I were looking at purses. I got home and found an earring on the floor and asked B about them and then she pulled out another pair of earrings from her pocket. I was so embarrassed that I immediately called the owner and left a message. They all thought is was funny when I took them back. So I had to have a conversation with Blakley about not taking things from stores that are not ours. The life of a two year old...
Then we had to go to Wal-Mart after that to get a few things. B and I stayed in the car. After Daniel got in it started to hail. It was pretty scary-Daniel called immediately and I just told him to come back outside. B was crying and couldn't understand why these big chunks of ice were hitting our car. Luckily we got out of the storm fast and didn't have any damage to the car. So skip a few hours and another storm comes again. Daniel actually went fishing, my parents had left and I was exhausted. So I was ready for bed. Before finishing this story-Our dog Jeb is super scared of storms!!! After the storm was over I was taking B to bed and I slipped on something wet on our floors-yes it was pee from our scardy dog-yuck!! One left leg went out and my right knee went back-it hurt and I was sitting in this yucky wet stuff. Poor Blakely didn't know what to do. So I managed to get up and call Daniel and cried to tell him to come home immediately and then I called our neighbors, because I couldn't walk and they came over to help. I ended up going to the ER and finding out that I just had a bruised patella and I have to wear a leg brace for a week. Thank goodness that nothing was broken and I wasn't holding Lilly at the time.
After the tramatic day on Saturday, Mother's Day was spent laying around and not doing much of anything. Which was kind of nice. I did get a cute new purse and some of my favorite flip-flops-Yellow Box. I want to thank my precious girls for making my life so wonderful and being a true blessing to me-God has blessed me immeasurably. Also, thanks to Daniel who lets me stay home-I know it is hard for you at times, but it truly means the world to me that I can stay home and watch our children grow.

No comments: