Monday, May 11, 2009

Kris Allen

On Friday the girls and I headed south for Darby's dance recital and decided to take a detour. Yes, I am an American Idol fan-honestly I haven't watched the past couple of seasons, but since one of our own is on the show I of course I had to watch this season. We went to Conway to the parade and it was CRAZY!!! So many people and so very, very hot. We went with Rhonda, Abigail and Brady-Blakely had lots of fun with them. I did get to shake Kris' hand after he had gotten in the car to start the parade. :-) We tried to stay for the mini concert, but the kids were getting so hot and wanted to get something to drink. I'm glad we got to go, because it was a great to be part of the American Idol phenomenon.
Thanks to Scott for keeping the youngest ones at home.
Abigail, Brady and Blakely-waiting on Kris Allen-yes Blakely knows who he is-the singer from the singing show-when she got in the car she said "mommy, I love Kris Allen." Silly girl-I think she might have heard Abigail say it.
Just started the parade

One of many signs

Rhonda and I leaving the parade
Kris' Car

ALL of the people at the parade

Getting ready to start the parade


1 comment:

Desperately Seeking Gina said...

The parade was SO much fun...definitely one of the funnest things I've gotten to experience since moving to Arkansas!