Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Staples for Lilly

The weekend after the dance recital, little Miss Lilly had a little accident.  She fell in the bathroom off the stool onto the tile floor.  Poor thing cried so hard, but after a few minutes she was OK.  My parents were still there and my dad was standing over her and said umm, yeah Lilly cut her head(above her ear) and I think you are going to have to go the ER.  I can’t believe we didn’t see it when she first fell.  So off to the ER we went.  Luckily it was around 11 that morning so we didn’t have to wait very long.  She was so good the whole time and only cried after they put the third staple in her head.  She really did well the whole week with them.  She let me clean it and put Neosporin on it.  When they had to take them out she didn’t even cry.  Hopefully this will be our last visit to the ER with her, but she seems to be our accident prone child so I’m sure we will be there again.  I did take a  picture of her actual staples so you might want to skip looking if it grosses you out.  I have some cute pictures of her on my phone in her bandage all wrapped around her head from the hospital when they were numbing the area, but of course I don’t know how to get them on my computer.  It looks all oily from the Neosporin. IMG_1070

No comments: